Montvale Economic Development and Retention Committee – November Update
Since its formation by Mayor Ghassali in April of this year, the MEDC has been busy determining its strategic approach to the issues facing Montvale in its corporate real estate market. On an initial basis, the committee has set several priorities based upon consultation with the Mayor and Town Council and interactions to date with a select group of current Montvale corporate partners:
- On-site meetings with the senior management of existing corporate entities located in Montvale. In addition to an introduction of the Mayor and the Committee to the entity, the sessions are designed to extract useful feedback including reasons why the company came to and remains in Montvale, any concerns it may have with respect to remaining long term in Montvale, and potential solutions and/or follow-up actions to be undertaken to meet these corporate resident’s needs.
- Development of marketing tools and strategies to provide relevant information to potential new corporate partners as to what Montvale has to offer. This will include a web site, marketing materials such as a detailed “pitch-book” and flyers, and communications via various social media platforms.
- Coordination with county and state entities which can assist in the retention and recruitment of corporate partners. Partnering with entities with similar goals such as the Chamber of Commerce to further extend the Committees reach and meet the needs of existing corporate partners.
- Work closely with new corporate arrivals in town to assist in their transition and ensure their employees are quickly exposed to all that Montvale has to offer in terms of public and private services.
With respect to the goals outlined above the Committee has completed the following to date:
- Meetings with eight major existing corporate tenants.
- Initial development of a website expected to go live before year-end.
- Initial preparation of a Montvale “pitch-book” which will be finalized before year-end.
- Meetings with County of Bergen Economic Development personnel.
- Meeting with Co-President of local Chamber of Commerce.
- Attendance and visitors table at the Montvale Street Fair and preparation of a flyer to hand out
to interested parties.
- Initial presentation to Mayor and Council outlining the Committee’s initial vision and goals.
- Attendance at the Flight Centre USA ribbon cutting ceremony and meet and greet with their employees.
As it proceeds with its mandate the MEDC would like to maximize input and assistance from any current resident of Montvale with ideas, business contacts and industry knowledge that can be helpful in the retention and recruitment of corporate partners. Please reach out to any of the members listed below and/or use the MEDC’s phone number (201-391-5700 Ext. 232).
Raffi Joukhadarian – Chairman
John Ryan – Vice Chairman